Consignment Representative - DFW
About the Job
Specializing in the consignment and sales of collector vehicles, Streetside Classics is one of the largest and fastest growing classic car dealerships in the nation. We have showrooms in Fort Worth, TX, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL, Nashville, TN, and Phoenix, AZ with more future growth planned. We’re currently searching for a self-driven, goal-oriented, and energetic Consignment Representative to join the team at our Fort Worth showroom.
Our Fort Worth facility holds over 290 classic and collector vehicles, and Consignment Representatives are responsible for ensuring that we have fresh inventory each month to replace the vehicles as they’re sold. As a consignment dealer, this is a key and integral position in the company as all sales and revenue for each location are driven by the new inventory that you bring in. We sell approximately 40-50+ units from the Fort Worth showroom each month, so rapid replacement of the inventory is crucial to our success.
If you have a passion for classic cars, are knowledgeable about the collector car marketplace, and are great working with people, you will excel. Because of our aggressive growth plans, there is potential for promotion and increased income.
- Work with prospective consignors to ensure pricing is correct in current marketplace.
- When new consignments arrive, ensure we’ve captured the relevant information for the vehicle and are marketing it as accurately and aggressively as possible.
- Utilize existing consignor and referral pipeline to ensure fresh inventory arrives daily.
- When necessary, must be comfortable cold calling to generate new leads.
- Stay organized by making appointments for incoming consignments at proper time intervals.
- Must be comfortable managing consignor expectations to ensure we have realistic pricing.
- Inspect all incoming inventory for quality and operability, we must make sure all vehicles meet our quality standards.
- If the consignor is willing, help point them in the right direction utilizing local contacts & repair shops to make the necessary changes for acceptance into our showroom.
- Attend local car shows & work with local car clubs to maintain strong local presence.
- MUST be knowledgeable about classic cars or have a desire to learn about them
- MUST be a self-starter who can work independently, execute quickly and move to next task
- MUST have strong interpersonal written and verbal communication
- MUST have exceptional computer skills
- MUST be able to work Saturdays
- Professional personal appearance
- Positive attitude and outgoing demeanor
- Four-year college degree and/or automotive sales-related experience preferred but not required
- Salary that includes fixed pay, commissions, and bonuses
- Health/Dental benefits
- 401/K Match
- Life Insurance
- Great work environment
- Accessible and open-minded leadership
- Opportunity to work with a great group of people and learn a lot about classic cars
Base + Commissions + Monthly Bonuses ($50-60K/Year Performance Based)
If you've always dreamed of working with classic and collector cars, and have the desire to work for the best dealer in the region -- this is the job for you. PLEASE APPLY by sending your cover letter and resume. DO NOT call our showroom. Unscheduled appointments are not encouraged!